View all facilities
Varney Playground/Freeman Lake Beach
- Open from dawn to dusk
- Open for use by residents and non-residents
- Lifeguards are typically on duty from 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM beginning the first Saturday after the Chelmsford Public School year ends through the last Sunday before school begins. Swim at your own risk when lifeguards are not on duty. Swimming allowed in designated area only.
- The bath house is open only when lifeguards are on duty
- Small boats can be hand launched from the beach. Motorized boats are prohibited on Freeman Lake
- Dogs must be on a leash and under the owner's control at all times. Owners must clean up after their dogs.
- No fishing from the beach
- No grills, cooking, or open flames of any kind
- No alcoholic beverages
- No glass bottles
- Do not feed ducks or geese
To schedule field use call 978-251-5151.