Licensing Your Dog Online
Gather the following items before selecting the link(s) below:
- Digital file (PDF, JPEG, TIFF, etc.) of your dog's current rabies certificate from your veterinarian;
- Your Veterinarian's phone number;
- Credit card or checking account payment information.*
Use the link below if you currently have a dog licensed in Chelmsford.
Look Up Your Current Dog License Information and Renew Online Here
Use the link below if you have a new dog that has never been licensed in town.
License Your New Dog Online Here
Dog Licenses Fees*
- December 1 through February 28, $15 or $20 for unaltered
- March 1, $20 or $25 for unaltered
- April 1, $25 or $30 for unaltered
- May 1, $30 or $35 for unaltered
- June 1, $35 or $40 for unaltered
*Additional Online Transaction Fees Will Apply
ACH (ELECTRONIC TRANSFER): Pay from your Checking or Savings Account. Each bill paid is considered a separate transaction. There is an additional fee for each transaction.*
CREDIT/DEBIT CARDS: We accept MasterCard®, Discover®, American Express® and VISA®*. If you are using a Debit Card, it will be treated as a credit card payment and will have the same charges associated with credit card payments. *VISA is available for Tax Payments only. The convenience fee for using a credit card is 2.95% of the payment, with a minimum fee of $1.00.
*Prices are subject to change without prior notice.
The cost is $15.00 for each spayed or neutered dog, or $20.00 for each unaltered dog. You can either register online, in person or by mail. Follow the link below for more details.
Please remember that per State Law and Town By-laws, all dogs must have an up to date rabies and be licensed by February 28 to avoid late fees.
Due to an abundance of caution related to the COVID 19 Pandemic, there will not be a Rabies Clinic this year.