Chelmsford Chief of Police James F. Murphy announces the following street closings, parking and vendor restrictions:
1. Westford Street from North Road to Academy Street CLOSED Thursday, July 3rd, 10:00 A.M. through Friday, July 4th until approximately 7:00 P.M.
2. Academy Street CLOSED TO ALL TRAFFIC and NO PARKING BOTH SIDES OF STREET from 12 Noon Thursday, July 3rd, through Friday, July 4th until approximately 7:00 P.M.
3. Westford Street at Dalton Road CLOSED to all South Bound Traffic, detoured South down Dalton Road toward North Road from 12 Noon Thursday, July 3rd, until approximately 7:00 P.M. Friday, July 4th. Upper and lower Dalton Road CLOSED at North Road to all traffic for Parade at 9:00 A.M. on Friday, July 4th.
4. Posting of NO PARKING SIGNS, Thursday, July 3rd. One side of Dalton Road from North Road to Westford Street. (Increased DETOUR traffic North and South).
5. North Road CLOSED to all traffic from Chelmsford Center to Fletcher Street Thursday, July 3rd, from approximately 6:00 P.M. or sooner if necessary to 11:00 P.M. (Pedestrian Safety for Common Activities).
6. Posting of NO PARKING SIGNS Friday, July 4th, along Road Races and Parade Route from 6:00 A.M. to 1 P.M.
7. North Road from Drum Hill to Chelmsford Center, Central Square, Littleton Road at Chelmsford Center, Chelmsford Street from Central Square to Fletcher Street CLOSED for the annual Road Races and Parade at approximately 9:00 A.M. Friday, July 4th.
8. Parkhurst Road CLOSED at Drum Hill Road, North Road and Smith Street at approximately 9:00 A.M. Friday, July 4th for annual Road Race. Parkhurst Road will reopen from Drum Hill Road to Smith Street at 9:30 A.M.
9. Wilson Street at Chelmsford Street and Billerica Road CLOSED at approximately 9:00 A.M. Friday, July 4th for Parade.
Also, the following Restricted Vendor Areas will be strictly enforced:
1. North Road at Route 495 Bridge
2. South along a line to Fletcher Street at Meeting House Road
3. South along a line to Chelmsford Street
4. South on Wilson Street
5. Across Billerica Road
6. South along Summer Street to Boston Road
7. West across Acton Road
8. North, a line across Littleton Road at the Ginger Ale Plaza
9. Line North parallel with Westford Street to Route 495 Bridge
10. East along a line of Route 495 to North Road