Media Advisory: Chelmsford - Weekend Closures on Route 129 (Billerica Road) at Riverneck Road over Meadow Brook
Closures and detours will be in place from 6 a.m. on Saturday, October 23, through 4 p.m. on Sunday October 24
Chelmsford – The Massachusetts Department of Transportation (MassDOT) is announcing a closure and detour of Route 129 (Billerica Road) at Riverneck Road over Meadow Brook in Chelmsford.This closure and detour will be in place from 6:00 a.m. on Saturday, October 23, through 4:00 p.m. on Sunday, October 24. The closure will allow construction crews to safely install concrete bridge approach slabs as part of the reconstruction of the Meadow Brook culvert.
Detours will be in place as follows:
- Eastbound traffic on Route 129 (Billerica Road)
- Detour onto Turnpike Road, left onto Mill Road and rejoining Route 129 (Billerica Road) at its terminus.
- Westbound traffic on Route 129 (Billerica Road)
- Left onto Mill Road, right onto Turnpike Road and rejoining Route 129 at the intersection of Turnpike and Route 129.
This work is part of the $6.3 million project to reconstruct the Meadow Brook Culvert and associated roadway reconstruction and realignment. The project is scheduled to be completed in October 2021.
Those traveling through the area should expect delays, reduce speed, and use caution. Appropriate signage and messaging will be in place to guide drivers through the detour. The schedule for this work is weather dependent and subject to change without notice.
For more information on traffic conditions, travelers are also encouraged to:
- Dial 511 and select a route to hear real–time conditions.
- Visit www.mass511.com, a website which provides real-time traffic and incident advisory information and allows users to subscribe to text and email alerts for traffic conditions.
- Follow MassDOT on Twitter @MassDOT to receive regular updates on road and traffic conditions.
- Download MassDOT’s GoTime mobile app and view real-time traffic conditions before setting out on the road.