Dog Park Advisory Committee
Public Service Announcement: The All-Dog side of the Park will need to be closed for one day in the near future so work can be done to expand our irrigation system in preparation for planting new trees in Spring of 2021. During this time, All-Dog users will be able to use the training area. Please do not enter the work area on the day the work is scheduled. The Training area entrance is located at the Rose Bush end of the parking lot.
Due to our ever-changing weather, the company doing the work cannot schedule it in advance, so we anticipate receiving a one-day notice.
Thank you for you understanding and patience.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
Most Recent Agenda | View All Agendas and Minutes |
Elected and Appointed Officials List
COVID-19 DOG PARK GUIDELINES
Per the Board of Health and DPAC, all Park visitors will be required to wear masks while at the Chelmsford Dog Park. This includes the park itself and the parking lot. Social distancing requirements will also still need to be followed in order to keep the park open. Your pups thank you for your help and cooperation.
The following guidelines are posted at the Chelmsford Dog Park, and must be followed in addition to the regular posted Rules of the Park:
- All human users of dog parks should practice social distancing of at least 6 feet or more
- DO NOT bring your dog to the dog park if you are sick or if you have been in close contact with anyone that is sick
- Dogs should not share toys, treats, or other materials with dogs that are not within the same household
- Visitors of dog parks should supply their own bags associated with dog waste and take dog waste with them if designated trash receptacles are not available for normal use
- Use hand sanitizer before and after touching items from the park
- If this dog park is crowded and social distancing of 6 feet cannot be maintained, you are required to leave
- All human visitors to the Park are required to wear face coverings
DPAC Gift Fund
The Town of Chelmsford will accept private donations to fund dog park initiatives in the town. The donated money is held in a special account that can be used for only that purpose. The DPAC makes recommendations to the town about projects to be funded from that account. Donations can be made payable to:
"Town of Chelmsford", with "Dog Park Improvements" written on the memo line.
Please send your donations to the Town Manager's Office at:
Town of Chelmsford
50 Billerica Rd.
Chelmsford MA 01824Donations of equipment or supplies can be coordinated through the Chelmsford Friends of the Dog Park by contacting them at www.friendsofcdp.org, via their "Contact us" link.
The Chelmsford Dog Association (CDA) is a local resource that hosts events and seminars to benefit Dogs and their Owners. The CDA can be contacted by e-mail at email@example.com, or through their website at www.chelmsforddogassociation.org
Dog Park Advisory Committee Mission Statement
- This Committee will consist of up to five members, who will be responsible for monitoring maintenance needs of the Chelmsford Dog Park.
- The Committee will oversee a grant program for Dog Park Capital Improvements. Funding for this program will be made available through proceeds from Rental of the Training Area of the Dog Park, and other grant awards.
- The Committee will work with the Chelmsford Friends of the Dog Park, the Chelmsford Dog Association and other interested community groups to coordinate future programming and maintenance of the Chelmsford Dog Park.
- The Committee will provide a written annual report for the Town’s Annual Report.
- The Committee will work with Community members interested in promoting the welfare of the Chelmsford Dog Park.
Dog Park Advisory Committee Links
Reopening Sign - COVID-19
Dog Park Rules Handout
Dog Park Etiquette
DPAC Funding Application Process
Heat Risks & Other Information
Follow the Dog Park Advisory Committee on Facebook
Chelmsford Animal Control Officer Contact Information:
2 Olde North RoadChelmsford, MA 01824(978) 256-0754