Unclaimed / Abandoned Property

Does the Town Owe you Money?

According to Massachusetts General Laws, Chapter 200A, Section 9A, checks are void if not cashed within one year from the date of issuance.

Please contact us for further information on filing a claim for a replacement check.

  • Town of Chelmsford Treasurer's Office
    50 Billerica Road
    Chelmsford, MA 01824
  • Ph: 978-250-5210

Or download the claim form here

Claim forms must be submitted with all information completed and an original signature. Electronic copies, photocopies, and faxed copies will not be accepted. All claims must be received by June 23, 2023.