Leaves and grass are banned from the trash! See below for options for leaves, grass clippings, brush, Christmas trees, and other organic material.
- Compost your yard waste and kitchen scraps for free in your back yard.
- You can compost in an open pile, a homemade or commercially available bin.
Information on what and how to compost can be found here:
- Do not dispose on Town property or in wetlands
- Brush may be burned from January 15th through April 30th
- Call the Fire Prevention Office at 1.978.251.4288 to obtain a permit
- Drop Off Day in the Spring and the Fall at Community Tree located at 163 Billerica Road
- 6” diameter x 8’ long
- Rope, wire, bags etc. must be removed by resident
- Community Tree accepts brush all year for a FEE
Leaves and Grass Clippings
- Drop Off Day at DPW in the Spring and the Fall; In PAPER bags
- Fee based leaf drop-off at Jones Farm located at 246 Acton Road, 1.978.256.8065; Must be in Jones Farm bags
- For a donation, the Boy Scouts will pick up Christmas trees after the holidays, visit: www.troopseventy.com
- Dog and cat waste contains much more harmful bacteria than other wildlife
- Never use pet waste as a “natural” fertilizer or throw it in a storm drain as it washes into the waterways
- Clean up after pets by disposing of waste in the TRASH, never in the recycling