Request for Bids
Bids - Purchasing
The Town Manager is the Chief Procurement Officer for the Town of Chelmsford. Copies of all invitations for bid are available to interested parties and can be obtained:
- by visiting the Town Manager’s Office in Room 201, Town Offices, 50 Billerica Road, Chelmsford MA 01824 between the hours of 8:30 AM and 4:00 PM;
- or by downloading from the Open Bids page.
- For any bid or RFP document and any addenda that are received electronically, it is the responsibility of every bidder who receives this bid or RFP and all associated documents to check this website for any addenda. The Town of Chelmsford accepts no liability to provide accommodation to bidders who submit a response based upon information obtained from its website. Bidders may not alter (manually or electronically) the bid language or any bid documents. Unauthorized modifications to the body of the bid, specifications, terms or conditions, which change the intent of this bid or RFP are prohibited and will disqualify a response.
Note to Bidders
Receipt of Bids
Bid responses must be received by the date and time specified in the bid document. All submittals will be date/time stamped and stored until opening date. Bids will be opened in room 205 of the Town Offices at the date and time specified in the invitation to bid. Openings are open to the public.
All information required by the bid document must be supplied by the bidder. Failure to provide the required information may be cause for rejection of the bid as non-responsive.
It is the policy of the Town of Chelmsford in accordance with State procurement regulations to issue awards to the lowest responsive and responsible bidder bidding in accordance with specifications. In determining such, consideration shall be given to the following criteria:
- The ability, capacity and skill of the bidder to provide the goods or services required as stipulated in the specifications of the invitation to bid.
- The capacity of the bidder to provide the goods or services promptly or within required time periods without delay or interference.
- The quality of performance of previous contracts.
- The financial resources and ability of the bidder to perform the contractual requirements.
Notices of invitations for sealed bids for commodities and services purchased are
- published in the Legal Advertising section of the LOWELL SUN;
- publicly posted on the bulletin board outside Room 201, Town Offices, Chelmsford MA 01824;
- and listed on the Open Bids page.
Any bidder intending to protest an award is instructed to do so by submitting specific contentions in writing detailing the reasons for protest. All submittals are to be directed to the Town Manager. The Town of Chelmsford will determine the basis for protest and respond appropriately in writing.
Payment to Vendors
The receiving department or agency will evaluate the goods or services performed for vendor compliance with all terms and conditions of the agreement. Payment will not be made unless the department attests that satisfactory performance was rendered.