Energy Conservation Committee
- 7:00 pm
- Second Wednesday of the month
9 Alpha Rd.
Chelmsford, MA 01824
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
Most Recent Agenda | View All Agendas and Minutes |
For a list of committee members please view our elected & appointed officials page.
To promote the conservation of energy and to help the own to achieve the associated financial savings.
The Energy Conservation Committee will assist the town with identifying, designing, and implementing programs and projects for energy conservation, energy efficiency, and renewable energy generation. These programs and projects may include all forms of energy use: electricity, natural gas and heating oil, and transportation fuels.
The membership of the Energy Conservation Committee shall be appointed by the town manager, with the approval of the Board of Selectmen. The term of the appointment shall be three years. The membership of the committee shall be as follows:
- Public facilities director
- A representative of the Chelmsford public schools
- A representative of the town staff familiar with police, fire, department of public works, and other department operations.
- Four Chelmsford residents or business owners.
- Subcommittees: The committee may request the formation of subcommittees to assist in its overall mission. A request for a subcommittee shall be presented to the town manager, who shall appoint the members of a subcommittee, subject to the approval of the Board of Selectmen.
The Energy Conservation Committee shall comply with all relevant state and town bylaws and regulations, including, but not limited to, the Open Meeting Law, Public Records Law, and the Conflict of Interest Law.