Economic Development Commission
- 7:00 pm
- Fourth Wednesday of the month
- Town Offices
50 Billerica Rd.
Chelmsford, MA 01824
The Economic Development Commission's efforts include, but are not limited to:
- Understanding the needs of prospective businesses opening / relocating to Chelmsford Working with town and town committees, including zoning, planning, and historical committees
- Working with organizations in the community
- Chelmsford businesses survey
- Roundtable meetings with commercial realtors and businesses
- Collaborating with local and regional business organizations
- Participating in industry associations
Why Relocate to Chelmsford
Chelmsford has proven award winning strengths in serving businesses:
- Chelmsford Ranked 19 out of 351 cities, Massachusetts High Tech Council, who tracks how "high tech friendly" the 351 cities and towns of Massachusetts.
- Chelmsford ranked 21st, Money Magazine's 2007 Best Places to Live Top 100.
- Chelmsford's strategic location and business incentives - Area Development Site and Facility Planning Magazine's 2007 Corporate Consultant's Survey, a ranking of site selection priorities and factors, ranks the Town of Chelmsford as well positioned to serve the needs of the business community.
- Designated business development districts
- Site finder database of available land and buildings
- Business incentives
- Permitting and licensing assistance
Chelmsford in Top 5 Nanotechnology
The Project on Emerging Nanotechnologies, an initiative of the Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars, ranked Middlesex –which includes the Town of Chelmsford, as one of the top five regions in the country for nanotechnology business, research, and education clusters.
Chelmsford BioReady is designated as "Silver" May 2009, Massachusetts Biotechnology Council BioReadyTM Communities Campaign designated having zoning practices and infrastructure capacity in place that biotechnology companies find to be most favorable when making location decisions.
Helpful Links to Chelmsford's Economic Development Partners
- Chelmsford Business Association
- Mass Development
- Massachusetts Alliance for Economic Development
- Merrimack Valley Economic Development Council
- The Greater Lowell Chamber of Commerce
- The Massachusetts Biotechnology Council
- The Massachusetts Office of Business Development
- The Northern Middlesex Council of Governments
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
Most Recent Agenda | View All Agendas and Minutes |